The "Windermere Mansion," is an historic building, located in our historic, downtown district of Centralia.
The history of this building began when it was built by a Mr. E. Foote of Centralia, who owned what is now called, Lincoln Creek Lumber, with construction beginning, sometime in the late 1800's. He was building it for his fiancé, who was moving to Centralia from Florida. She never came.
Mr. Foote sold the unfinished structure to Mr. Theodor Hoss around 1904. We know that the Hoss's were living in the building by 1906. Theodor Hoss owned a successful butcher shop here in town and brought power to Centralia, owning the Centralia Power and Light Company. He was a successful, democratic politician, being on City council and he owned
"the 2nd car in Centralia".
You can view pictures of the building as it looked in 1906 as well as pictures of these original occupants of the mansion, in our history room, located on the 2nd floor of the building.
In remodeling this fine old home, into a state-of-the-art, modern, real estate office, we tried to keep to the original look of the building as much as possible. We were blessed with the fortune of having much of the original, 100+ year old woodwork intact.
Mansion Images Click on images below for a closer look!